This database contains gender-related language structure data for 492 languages as well as their geographical location. It uses information from the World Atlas of Language Structures as well as many auxiliary original sources. This dataset is used in Gay et al. (2013a, 2013b, 2016a, 2016b, 2018).
- Decomposing Culture. An Analysis of Gender, Language, and Labor Supply in the Household
- Language and Gender Roles among Immigrants to the U.S. A Historical Perspective
- Migration As A Window Into The Coevolution Between Language And Behavior
- Do Female/Male Distinctions in Language Matter? Evidence from Gender Political Quotas
- The Grammatical Origins of Gender Roles